Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Written January 27, 2017: Adapted from: old fashioned chocolate fudge
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2 cups (or less) sweetener
- Combine sugar, cacao, and milk in a saucepan. Stir to blend, then bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer. Do not stir again.
- Cook until 238 degrees F. A drop of this mixture in cold water should form a ball and flatten between your fingers.
- Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon until it loses its sheen. It’s worse to under-beat than to over-beat.
- Pour into parchment-paper-lined pan, let it cool, and cut into squares