Dark Chocolate Fudge Sauce / Frozen Bars
- 4 parts cocoa powder
- 2 parts coconut sugar (or other powdered sweetener)
- 1 part butter (coconut oil will work too, but butter’s creaminess is better)
- just under 1 part honey (the “syrupiness ” improves the consistency)
- 1/2 parts water
- Put cocoa powder, sugar, honey, and about half the butter in a pan or pot
- Heat on medium and stir continuously until mixture starts to darken (the butter is melting)
- Add water and rest of butter
- Stir continuously until butter is thoroughly melted
At this point you have a very rich, very thick fudge sauce. You can use as is, or spread on parchment paper and freeze for several hours.
Tip: heating the entire mixture (as opposed to heating just the butter) helps ensure the result is smooth and without lumps.
Please note: it’s important the ratios be pretty exact. I’m still standardizing them, so this recipe is subject to improvement.